1. 1st ou as in wow, how, now 2nd ou as in you, too, sue.
1st wound (v) = past tense of wind 2nd wound (n) = injury; trauma
2. 1st accent on second syllable 2nd accent on first syllable.
1st produce (v) = meaning to make 2nd produce (n) = vegetables
3. 1st s pronounced like; z. 2nd s pronounced like; s.
1st refuse (v) = to reject; deny 2nd refuse (n) = garbage; waste
4. 1st short o as in hot, not, body 2nd long o as in boat, goat, coat
1st polish (v) = to shine 2nd Polish (adj) = originates or comes from Poland
5. 1st ea as in tea, she, flee 2nd ea as in dead, dread, wed
1st lead (v) = direct; guide 2nd lead (n) = bluish white heavy metal
6. 1st accent on second syllable 2nd accent on second syllable 3rd accent on first syllable.
1st desert (v) = leave 2nd dessert (n) = sweet 3rd desert (n) = place with little rain
7. 1st accent on first syllable 2nd accent on second syllable 3rd accent on first syllable.
1st present (n) = this moment 2nd present (v) = give 3rd present (n) = gift
8. 1st bass pronounced like; grass, glass, lass 2nd bass pronounced like; base, vase, trace
1st bass (n) = fish 2nd bass (n) = drum
9. 1st dove pronounced like; of, shove, glove 2nd dove pronounced like; rove, trove, stove
1st dove (n) = bird 2nd dove (v) = past tense of dive
10. 1st accent on second syllable 2nd accent on first syllable
1st object (v) = disagree; argue 2nd object (n) = thing
The first list above, (1-10) shows some common difficulties learning English for those who are unfamiliar with all of the pronounciation possibilites of the various words used. The second list, (1-10) contains the correct pronounciation guide plus definitons of the words for your better understanding.
For another fun exercise concerning difficulties learning English click on the preceding link. You'll go to a page concerned with English problems.